Compatible PLASMA Version w/ ABINIT 8.10.3  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
tdaworld

Compatible PLASMA Version w/ ABINIT 8.10.3

Post by tdaworld » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I've been trying to configure ABINIT with the PLASMA library - using the most recent version from their bitbucket - although ABINIT does not recognise the library. What is the current version compatible with ABINIT 8.10.3?

Many thanks!

ebousquet

Re: Compatible PLASMA Version w/ ABINIT 8.10.3  [SOLVED]

Post by ebousquet » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Dear tdaworld,
If you are too laconic in your question you'll not have chance to get a response... What is your config file, how Plasma has been configured/compiled, etc?
Note that there is not much support of Plasma in Abinit...
Best wishes,
Eric

tdaworld

Re: Compatible PLASMA Version w/ ABINIT 8.10.3

Post by tdaworld » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply, Eric - apologies for not being clearer.

I have resolved this issue. My problem was that I was not using the right environment variables when building the library (no plasma.mod file was created), then linking the static libraries in the correct order.

For anyone interested, PLASMA 2.8.0 is compatible with ABINIT 8.10.3, although a modification to the src file "src/28_numeric_noabirule/m_abi_linalg.F90" (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3166&p=9767&hilit=PLASMA#p9767 )

ebousquet

Re: Compatible PLASMA Version w/ ABINIT 8.10.3

Post by ebousquet » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi tdaworld
Thank you for the info!
Eric