Fortran error in 17_libtetra_ext

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
marco.digennaro

Fortran error in 17_libtetra_ext

Post by marco.digennaro » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Dear everybody,

I am trying to install Abinit v8 on one CSCS machines: Piz Dora (http://www.cscs.ch/computers/piz_daint_ ... index.html)
I am testing two options, one is with the local cray compiler PrgEnv-cray and the other one is with PrgEnv-intel (as suggested on http://www.archer.ac.uk/documentation/s ... phase2.php)

With the PrgEnv-intel there is no problem in configuration, but then when I run abinit on the terminal I get this error:

Code: Select all

[Tue Oct 18 18:35:37 2016] [unknown] Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(525):
MPID_Init(225).......: channel initialization failed
MPID_Init(598).......:  PMI2 init failed: 1
forrtl: error (76): Abort trap signal
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source             
abinit             0000000005489E71  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

On the other side, with the cray compiler I find this error after configuration (no .ac file specified):

Code: Select all

make[5]: Entering directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray/src/17_libtetra_ext'
ftn -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/17_libtetra_ext -I../..  -I../../src/incs -I../../../src/incs -I/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp/fallbacks/exports/include    -g    -c -o m_kptrank.o ../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(29): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [M_PROFILING_ABI]
 use m_profiling_abi
-----^
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(30): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [M_ERRORS]
 use m_errors, only : msg_hndl
-----^
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(30): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.   [MSG_HNDL]
 use m_errors, only : msg_hndl
----------------------^
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(163): error #6406: Conflicting attributes or multiple declaration of name.   [MSG_HNDL]
     call msg_hndl(msg,"ERROR", "PERS" ,file="m_kptrank.F90", line=163)
----------^
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(174): error #6406: Conflicting attributes or multiple declaration of name.   [MSG_HNDL]
     call msg_hndl(msg,"ERROR", "PERS" ,file="m_kptrank.F90", line=174)
----------^
../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90(291): error #6406: Conflicting attributes or multiple declaration of name.   [MSG_HNDL]
   call msg_hndl(msg,"ERROR", "PERS" ,file="m_kptrank.F90", line=291)
--------^
compilation aborted for ../../../src/17_libtetra_ext/m_kptrank.F90 (code 1)
make[5]: *** [m_kptrank.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray/src/17_libtetra_ext'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray'
make[1]: *** [multi] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/mdigenna/CODES/ABINIT/abinit-8.0.8/tmp_cray'
make: *** [mj4] Error 2

could anybody suggest a solution why it is not working with cray?

thanks
Marco Di Gennaro
Toyota Motor Europe (Be)

gmatteo

Re: Fortran error in 17_libtetra_ext

Post by gmatteo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Marco,

I have access to another cray machine and we have compiled abinit with PrgEnv-intel and PrgEnv-gnu.
Note that ftn compiles binaries that are supposed to be executed on the compute node so I would suggest
to request an interactive session with salloc (I assume the machine uses Slurm) and try to run Abinit there.

As concerns PrgEnv-cray. It seems that the directory with the Fortran modules is not passed to the Fortran compiler.
Each compiler uses it's own option for the specification of the "Fortran include directory" e.g. gfortran uses -J/directory/name
I will look at the documentation of the Cray compiler and try to compile with PrgEnv-cray on the other machine.