Problem running abinit-7.10.5 in Slurm cluster  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
churna

Problem running abinit-7.10.5 in Slurm cluster  [SOLVED]

Post by churna » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Dear all,

I successfuly complied the abinit-7.10.5 MPI version using intel-2013 compiler(with FC=mpf90 and CC=mpicc). There is no error in compilation.

I check and run it in login node, it runs nicely without any problem. However, if I run interactively or submit job ("sbatch job" in slurm). It does not even produce output file and ends up with error

comp011t
Fatal Error: This program was not built to run in your system.
Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) AVX.

I have no problem in setting job file for slurm. I used module intel/13.0 and openmpi which I also provide in job file. I tried intel/2015 to compile and run it in the same way. But, I am getting similar error.

Did anyone have a similar problem before. I would appreciate for your comment.

Thanks,

Churna

Jordan

Re: Problem running abinit-7.10.5 in Slurm cluster

Post by Jordan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:28 am

Hi,

The CPU you have on the login node does not seem to be the same as the one you have on the computation nodes.
Don't compile abinit with -xHost (which is I think a default option when using basic optimization and intel compiler)
add
FCFLAGS_OPTIM="-O2"
when you configure abinit

Cheers

churna

Re: Problem running abinit-7.10.5 in Slurm cluster

Post by churna » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks, I am glad it works now.

Best,

Churna