make problems

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
evan

make problems

Post by evan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 am

Dear all,

When I am compiling the newest version code of abinit 7.10.4, getting the errors followed below,

../../src/41_xc_lowlevel/lib41_xc_lowlevel.a(libxc_tools.o): In function `xc_f90_functional_get_name_':
/export1/home/maofei/src/abinit-7.10.4/src/41_xc_lowlevel/libxc_tools.c:41: undefined reference to `xc_functional_get_name'
../../src/41_xc_lowlevel/lib41_xc_lowlevel.a(libxc_tools.o): In function `xc_f90_functional_get_number_':
/export1/home/maofei/src/abinit-7.10.4/src/41_xc_lowlevel/libxc_tools.c:60: undefined reference to `xc_functional_get_number'
make[3]: *** [abinit] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/export1/home/maofei/src/abinit-7.10.4/src/98_main'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export1/home/maofei/src/abinit-7.10.4/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export1/home/maofei/src/abinit-7.10.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The fortran compile is intel 13.1, FFTW-3.22. Actually, I have tried with several versions of ifort (ifort 11.1, ifort 15.0), but the same errors are always here. I don’t think this problem has anything to do with the fortran compiler.

So, what is cause for the error and how to fix it. Any comment or suggestion is appreciated.

Regards
Evan
USC
Attachments
config.log
(174.21 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

jbeuken

Re: make problems

Post by jbeuken » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 pm

the problem is related to the libxc library...

are you sure that the libxc is well compiled ?

I see that you specified the location of a libxc library :

Code: Select all

--with-libxc-incs=-I/export1/home/maofei/opt/lixc-2.02/include 
--with-libxc-libs=-L/export1/home/maofei/opt/lixc-2.02/lib  -lxc

is it compiled with the same version of compiler and with the same options ?!?

firstly, try with :

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/export1/home/maofei/opt/abinit_v7.10/sopt2 \
FC=ifort CC=icc CXX=icpc \
--with-linalg-flavor=mkl --with-linalg-libs=-L/export1/home/maofei/intel13/composer_xe_2013.5.192/mkl/lib/intel64 -Wl,--start-group -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -Wl,--end-group \
--with-trio-flavor=netcdf+etsf_io \
--with-dft-flavor=libxc

jmb
------
Jean-Michel Beuken
Computer Scientist