Extremely slow for file ptg_Oh.F90 compiling  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
vistawanted

Extremely slow for file ptg_Oh.F90 compiling  [SOLVED]

Post by vistawanted » Fri May 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Dear all,

I am compiling Abinit 7.10.4 on my PC (details are shown in the end of topic). Everything was OK until rolling to ptg_Oh.F90 file in /src/43_ptgroups. It takes about 1hr to complete~~~~~ After all, the compiling can be finished and compiled file worked well.
However, I am still wondering why such a problem occurred. Please do not hesitate to give me any suggestion to avoid this slow process in future.
Many thanks.

***************************************** Details Below **********************************************
In terminate, it stopped here for about 1hr:
mpif90 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/16_hideleave -I../../src/16_hideleave -I../../src/32_util -I../../src/32_util -I../../src/28_numeric_noabirule -I../../src/28_numeric_noabirule -I../../src/11_memory_mpi -I../../src/11_memory_mpi -I../../src/10_defs -I../../src/10_defs -I../../src/14_hidewrite -I../../src/14_hidewrite -I../../src/incs -I../../src/incs -I$Download/abinit-7.10.4/fallbacks/exports/include -free -module $Download//abinit-7.10.4/src/mods -O2 -xHost -g -extend-source -noaltparam -nofpscomp -c -o ptg_Oh.o ptg_Oh.F90

Details for computer and compiling:
CPU: Intel i5 750
RAM: 2GB * 4
Compiler: Intel icc & ifort 2015 update2 (trial version)
MPI: MPICH 3.1.4
Config:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-mpi --with-linalg-flavor="mkl" --with-linalg-incs="-I${Intel}/composerxe/mkl/include" --with-linalg-libs="-L${Intel}/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_blas95_lp64 -lmkl_lapack95_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64  -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core" --with-fft-flavor="fftw3-mkl" --with-fft-incs="-I${Intel}/composerxe/mkl/include" --with-fft-libs="-L${Intel}/composerxe/mkl/interfaces/fftw3xf/ -lfftw3xf_intel" CC=mpicc FC=mpif90 CXX=mpicc --with-dft-flavor="bigdft+libxc+atompaw+wannier90"
GAO Zhe, Dr.,
Saint-Gobain Research Shanghai Co., Ltd,
Shanghai, P. R. China

jbeuken

Re: Extremely slow for file ptg_Oh.F90 compiling

Post by jbeuken » Sun May 03, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,

you can put in front of configure command this option :

Code: Select all

fcflags_opt_43_ptgroups="-g -O0"    ./configure ...

the optimization in the folder "src/43_ptgroups/" is not necessary…

jmb
------
Jean-Michel Beuken
Computer Scientist