Compilation failure on linux during lebedev_quadrature_cplx

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
rpmuller

Compilation failure on linux during lebedev_quadrature_cplx

Post by rpmuller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Just downloaded a new version of abinit-6.2.3. Compiling on a RHE 5.0 Linux system using gfortran 4.1.2 and gcc 4.1.2.

I'm getting the following error during compilation:

gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/incs -I../../src/incs -ffree-form -J/home/rmuller/Programs/abinit-6.2.3/src/mods -I/home/rmuller/Programs/abinit-6.2.3/src/mods -O3 -fschedule-insns2 -march=nocona -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -g -c -o m_lebedev.o m_lebedev.F90
m_lebedev.F90: In function ‘lebedev_quadrature_cplx’:
m_lebedev.F90:469: internal compiler error: in modified_type_die, at dwarf2out.c:8495
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [m_lebedev.o] Error 1

Has anyone seen this? Can anyone offer a workaround, such as downgrading to an earlier version of abinit?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

pouillon

Re: Compilation failure on linux during lebedev_quadrature_c

Post by pouillon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Upgrading GCC to a newer version is a better solution. You won't be able to build Abinit with GCC 4.1.
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain

rpmuller

Post by rpmuller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Appears to work with abinit version 6.0.4.

pouillon

Post by pouillon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Please note that we don't support this old and incomplete version of gfortran, since it is not compatible with our development plans.

However, what I can suggest you is to recompile the routine manually without optimization. It may work. No guarantee at all, though.
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain