trouble in abinit 7.8.2  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
firstime

trouble in abinit 7.8.2

Post by firstime » Wed May 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,
I tryed to install the 7.8.2 version of abinit on ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64bits) using "recipe to compile abinit 7.8.2 on ubuntu 14.04 (64 bits)" in the forum. when I ran the make command I got this error:
use etsf_io_low_level1
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'etsf_io_low_level.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran
i searched in the forum i try: sudo apt-get remove etsf-io libetsf-io-dev, it works but now i cannot do the tests ( step 5 and 6) bash: ./runtests.py: No such file or directory
and when i run an" .files" i find Version 5.3.4 of ABINIT in the out put file (i try to do the step 7) . the same problem with abinit-7.10.4.
can you tell me where is the problem?
regards.

firstime

Re: trouble in abinit 7.8.2

Post by firstime » Wed May 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi,
here is the error when i try to do the tests:
RuntimeError: Cannot find the ABINIT build tree after 10 trials
regard

Jordan

Re: trouble in abinit 7.8.2

Post by Jordan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

The etsf_io issue is know and you find the workaround.

If when running abinit you see version 5.3.4, then it means you have the abinit package install with aptitude.
Try

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove abinit

to desinstall this very old version.

Let assume you have ~abinit/ for the root directory of abinit (with src doc config ,...).
You should have build abinit in ~abinit/build instead of just ~abinit/
Then you can run the testfarm in ~abinit/build/test with ../../tests/runtests.py

Cheers

Jordan

firstime

Re: trouble in abinit 7.8.2  [SOLVED]

Post by firstime » Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi,
I solved my problem and abinit is installed.
Thank you.