Installing fftw3 (3.3.4) on Mac OS 10.6.8  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
esr3d

Installing fftw3 (3.3.4) on Mac OS 10.6.8

Post by esr3d » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi,

I would like to install the fftw3 library to use with ABINIT. I am currently trying to install fftw-3.3.4 on Mac OS 10.6.8 (snow leopard). I have been using the following steps to install:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-sse2 --enable-shared CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-4.2 F77=/usr/local/bin/gfortran

make

sudo make install

Then when I use 'make check' to test the library, for most things it tells me there is 'nothing to be done'. And when I try to compile ABINIT with the fftw3 library, it says it either can't find the library or the library does not work. I have included the full output from make check in an attachment.
Any suggestions on how to properly install the fftw library on Mac 10.6.8?

Thank you.
Attachments
check.log
(35.04 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

pouillon

Re: Installing fftw3 (3.3.4) on Mac OS 10.6.8  [SOLVED]

Post by pouillon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:15 pm

This forum is dedicated to Abinit. For questions related to FFTW, please use their own mailing lists and forums.

This said, if you configured FFTW without specifying a prefix, the most probable is that it is installed in /usr/local. The corresponding options of the configure script of Abinit would thus be:

--with-fft-flavor=fftw3 --with-fft-incs="-I/usr/local/include" --with-fft-libs="-L/usr/local/lib -lfftw3f -lfftw3"
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain

esr3d

Re: Installing fftw3 (3.3.4) on Mac OS 10.6.8

Post by esr3d » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Sorry, I will check their forums. Thank you for your suggestion.