[SOLVED] QLOGIC

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
Ubiq

[SOLVED] QLOGIC

Post by Ubiq » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello, everyone!

I have faced problem during launching ABINIT 6.12.2.

I have configured and compiled ABINIT and it is OK.

Code: Select all

./configure FC=mpif90 CC=mpicc --with-trio-flavor="etsf_io+netcdf" --with-dft-flavor="none" --enable-mpi="yes" --enable-mpi-io="yes" CC=mpicc 

When I am launching sequantial task, ABINIT is OK, When I am launching parallel task over k points, ABINIT is also GOOD. But when am launching ABINIT with paral_kgb 1, I have got an error:

Code: Select all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
orterun has exited due to process rank 25 with PID 4057 on
node node2 exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by orterun (as reported here).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I understand it is due to Qlogic things that they are using with mpi (I am using openmpi-1.4.2-qlc). But I don't know how to solve this problem. Could you please give me a tip?

Peter Zhilyaev

Ubiq

Re: QLOGIC

Post by Ubiq » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 pm

I will reply to myself.

I've solved this issue, I have simply changed the mpi wrapper from mpif90 to mpiifort and mpicc to mpiicc. I think it is the specific of the cluster. But may be it will help somebody.

Peter Zhilyaev