remote access to supercomputer or cluster  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
maxim
Location: Institute of Silicate Chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences, Saint-Petersburg, Russia

remote access to supercomputer or cluster

Post by maxim » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:06 am

Hello!
I use abinit for a few months, and I'm doing the calculation on my home computer. My question is: is it possible (preferably free or inexpensive) to obtain remote access to supercomputer? If so, where and how?
M.Yu. Arsent'ev
Institute of Silicate Chemistry of RAS
tikhonov_p-a@mail.ru

jbeuken

Re: remote access to supercomputer or cluster  [SOLVED]

Post by jbeuken » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi,

My question is: is it possible (preferably free or inexpensive) to obtain remote access to supercomputer? If so, where and how?

take a look on : http://www.abinit.org/news/abinit-on-nanohub

jmb
------
Jean-Michel Beuken
Computer Scientist

maxim
Location: Institute of Silicate Chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences, Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Re: remote access to supercomputer or cluster

Post by maxim » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:14 pm

thank you.
up to 16 cores - it's interesting :)
one more question - how to upload psp file (pawps)?
M.Yu. Arsent'ev
tikhonov_p-a@mail.ru

maxim

Post by maxim » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:10 pm

There is a gui version - here I can use remote acess to supercomputer? Maybe I can specify the directory to my own psp? Anyone to use it - tell us?
Attachments
Безымянный.JPG
M.Yu. Arsent'ev
tikhonov_p-a@mail.ru

maxim

Post by maxim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm

:D :D :D nanohub is really fast, though time is limited. jbeuken - thank you very much for your helpful advice :!:
Are these opportunities for performing the calculation free of charge (16 cores AMD opteron) :?:
M.Yu. Arsent'ev
tikhonov_p-a@mail.ru

maxim

Re: [SOLVED] remote access to supercomputer or cluster

Post by maxim » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 am

nanohub is quite fast, but there are only troullier martins pseudopotentials (these pseudos sometimes give incorrect results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=957&p=3048&hilit=troullier+paw#p3048 ), and nanohub's admins do not respond to our requests to allow the possibility to upload own pseudo.
Pls tell us, is there any possibility to rent a cloud (with or without abinit)? If so pls give links to us. We would like to use not too powerful computer cloud (up to 10-16 cores for jobs done in 2-3 weeks).
thank u :D
M.Yu. Arsent'ev
tikhonov_p-a@mail.ru