Problem with module etsf_io  [SOLVED]

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
sponce

Problem with module etsf_io

Post by sponce » Tue May 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Dear Developper,

I have created a new module "m_eig2d.F90" in src/72_response

In that module I have

Code: Select all

#ifdef HAVE_TRIO_ETSF_IO
 use etsf_io
#endif

when compiling on woopy I get a Fatal error :

/usr/local/mpich_gcc/bin/mpif90 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/incs -I../../src/incs -I/home/buildbot/ABINIT/woopy_gcc48/sponce_7.7.3-public/fallbacks/exports/include   -ffree-form -J/home/buildbot/ABINIT/woopy_gcc48/sponce_7.7.3-public/src/mods  -O2 -mtune=native -march=native -ffree-line-length-none   -c -o m_eig2d.o m_eig2d.F90
m_eig2d.F90:36.5:

use etsf_io
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'etsf_io.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory

The problem is that there is a line missing in the Makefile line.
Indeed the same use etsf_io in 62_occeig/m_ebands.F90 work:

/usr/local/mpich_gcc/bin/mpif90 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/incs -I../../src/incs -I/usr/local/bigdft/include -I/usr/local/fallbacks-dev/include -I/usr/include -I/home/buildbot/ABINIT/woopy_gcc48/sponce_7.7.3-public/fallbacks/exports/include   -ffree-form -J/home/buildbot/ABINIT/woopy_gcc48/sponce_7.7.3-public/src/mods  -O2 -mtune=native -march=native -ffree-line-length-none   -c -o m_ebands.o m_ebands.F90

What should I do in order to modify the Makefile and to add the correct call to etsf_io lib -I/usr/local/fallbacks-dev/include ?

Cheers !

Samuel

pouillon

Re: Problem with module etsf_io  [SOLVED]

Post by pouillon » Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 pm

You have to explicitely declare all dependencies in config/specs/corelibs.conf for now. Please check that the dependency on etsf_io is properly set for the directories you're working in.

This will change in the future, as soon as the information provided by abilint is fully exported to and exploited by the build system. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain

sponce

Re: Problem with module etsf_io

Post by sponce » Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am

Oh I see. Thank you for the reply Yann.

There is no problem with having to do that.

I indeed though that I had to do something like that but could not find the information on doc/developers. Is that information written somewhere?

Kind Regards,

Samuel.