"make install" doesn't install atompaw

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
jzwanzig

"make install" doesn't install atompaw

Post by jzwanzig » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi,

I find at least with 7.6.2 that, using atompaw as a fallback, it gets compiled by make but then "make install" doesn't install it to the /opt/abinit... prefix I had set. Is there a different make target I should be using or is this an overlooked issue?

thanks,
Joe
Josef W. Zwanziger
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Canada Research Chair in NMR Studies of Materials
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS B3H 4J3 Canada
jzwanzig@gmail.com

pouillon

Re: "make install" doesn't install atompaw

Post by pouillon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm

AtomPAW in Abinit is only used for some tests when a new version of AtomPAW is released. If you intend to use it for production, the best is to build it separately.

I'll look at the issue when I have some time, but it is possible that it has already been fixed in 7.7.
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain

jzwanzig

Post by jzwanzig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks, I had come to that conclusion, I think the documentation on the PAW generation page needs to be updated. I'll try to do that when I check some of the other tutorial pages for the upcoming Lyon school.

Joe
Josef W. Zwanziger
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Canada Research Chair in NMR Studies of Materials
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS B3H 4J3 Canada
jzwanzig@gmail.com

torrent

Post by torrent » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Joe,

I don't think the tutorial PAW2 has to be changed; the atompaw executable is clearly located (I was aware of this make install issue).

First, just try to type: atompaw
if "atompaw vx.y.z" message appears, everything is fine.
Otherwise, you can try "~abinit_compilation_directory/fallbacks/exports/bin/atompaw-abinit"

Marc
Marc Torrent
CEA - Bruyères-le-Chatel
France