Complete rewrite of makemake

option, parallelism,...

Moderators: fgoudreault, mcote

Forum rules
Please have a look at ~abinit/doc/config/build-config.ac in the source package for detailed and up-to-date information about the configuration of Abinit 8 builds.
For a video explanation on how to build Abinit 7.x for Linux, please go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppLQ-KQA68.
IMPORTANT: when an answer solves your problem, please check the little green V-like button on its upper-right corner to accept it.
pouillon

Complete rewrite of makemake

Post by pouillon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 pm

As you might have already noticed, I've heavily changed the makemake script in the 6.11.2 version of Abinit. It is now a modular and flexible Python script with a few command-line options (use the -h or --help option for documentation). Backward compatibility with the already-existing options has been preserved.

The new makemake is making use of the build-system information available in config/specs/*.conf to adapt automatically to the new developments, which was not possible with the former shell-script style. This situation had resulted in some discrepancies with the current status of the source tree too, due to the need (actually lack) of regular human intervention. I took the opportunity to fix a few design flaws as well.

One of the consequences of the new style is that the build-autotools-framework script has been removed. In order to obtain the same effects, you may now run the following instead:

Code: Select all

makemake -blmsx
or, more explicitely:

makemake --without-buildsys --without-abilint --without-makefiles --without-source --without-subsystems

Another consequence is that the clean-source-tree script has been obsoleted and is scheduled for removal in Abinit 6.13, unless I receive supplications not to do so. To clean the source tree, you may now run instead:

makemake -c
or, more explicitely:

makemake --clean

Should you wish to preserve the script-generated source files (Fortran interfaces, checking routines, info modules, ...), you may now run:

makemake -ck
or:

makemake --clean --keep-source

Due to my sloppiness in rewriting the script, a few transient problems have appeared, in particular the generation of files in the wrong order and the ignoring of abilint failures. :oops: All of them should have been fixed by now (pouillon/6.11.2-public/790). Disculpen las molestias.

In case the new script style is causing you some issues, please do not hesitate to let me know by replying to this post.
Yann Pouillon
Simune Atomistics
Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain