Puzzled by merge behavior  [SOLVED]

Moderator: pouillon

jzwanzig

Puzzled by merge behavior

Post by jzwanzig » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 am

Hi, I have an e-mail directly to Stephane Le Roux about this but I'm still confused and looking for other advice...when I merge the trunk/6.5.2-public branch into my jzwanzig/6.5.2-private branch, one of the things it does is rename src/67_common/initberry.F90 and src/67_common/berryphase_new.F90 to src/67_common/initberry.F90_SLeroux and src/67_common/berryphase_new.F90_SLeroux, and add new versions of the original files (which do not contain any of the changes I've been making to these files). It's as if the merge process has been replaced by "replace" for these two files. Is this normal? What is going on?

thanks,
Joe
Josef W. Zwanziger
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Canada Research Chair in NMR Studies of Materials
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS B3H 4J3 Canada
jzwanzig@gmail.com

mverstra

Re: Puzzled by merge behavior

Post by mverstra » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Is this settled by now? Sounds like someone pulled instead of merging, or got a conflict and chose their own version instead of merging cleanly with trunk changes...

Matthieu
Matthieu Verstraete
University of Liege, Belgium

jzwanzig

Re: Puzzled by merge behavior  [SOLVED]

Post by jzwanzig » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

It seems to me that trunk/6.5.2-public is now ok (revno 471). There is still a little unconventionality regards initberry.F90 and berryphase_new.F90 versions but the basic versions present are correct and I understand that Stephane Leroux is continuing to work on the other versions.
Josef W. Zwanziger
Professor, Department of Chemistry
Canada Research Chair in NMR Studies of Materials
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS B3H 4J3 Canada
jzwanzig@gmail.com