Understanding _DEN and _POT files

MULTIBINIT, aTDEP, ANADDB, optics, cut3d, mrg* postprocessors

Moderators: MMNSchmitt, gonze

getvioletic

Understanding _DEN and _POT files

Post by getvioletic » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Hello!

I am currently working with the output from a calculation done on elemental Ag and I have noticed the following and would like to get some input from other abinit users.

Integrating the contents of the _POT, _VCX and _VHA files after being formated by cut3d to be a column vector of values does not seem to coincide with the values of energy given in the .out file from the abinit calculation.

I am using the following method for calculating these energies: the dot product of the vector containing the _DEN data with the vector containing the _POT (_VXC or _VHA) data, then this resulting value is then multiplied by the volume of the cell as given in the .out file. That new value is then divided by the number of points in the FFT grid used, i.e. ngfft(1)*ngfft(2)*ngfft(3).

As a check I have done a summation of the vector containing the _DEN data is multiplied and divided by the same values the valence electron count is obtained.

Am I missing something in the code about how these potential density files are being written, or is there an error in my thought process. Also I will attach the input file I have been using for these calculations.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
Ag-fcc.in
(589 Bytes) Downloaded 382 times