abipy fold2Bloch

MULTIBINIT, aTDEP, ANADDB, optics, cut3d, mrg* postprocessors

Moderators: MMNSchmitt, gonze

nsingh3

abipy fold2Bloch

Post by nsingh3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 am

Dear all,

I am doing a supercell calculation of MoS2 bulk and I have made a 2 x 2 x 1 supercell by translating. (input file attached)
As I am using a supercell my bandstructure has to be unfolded back into 1st BZ using fold2Bloch. I do as said in the tutorial of hydrogen atom on the abinit webpage. I am using abipy to plot the unfolded bandstructure.
Here are my errors and questions:
a) I include SOC in my ground state calculations and hence when i use abipy to unfold the bands after fold2Bloch I get the following error

IndexError: index 1 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 1 abipy

which points to the following line

ys = self.uf_eigens[spin, p.ikfound, :] - e0

of the code. So my question, can I do unfolding of the bands when SOC is included in ground state calculations?

b) I switch off the SOC and do the calculation again, then I can see a bandstructure appearing from abipy. In this regard also I am facing a problem in deciding the k-path. I read that if I want GK path then I need to include -KG path as well in the calculations. I did as suggested in the tutorial but I do not get the full path from GK even after including the -KG path.
I want the bandstructure along GKMG path of the hexagonal Brillouin zone. For doing so I use the following kbounds

kptbounds2 -2/3 -1/3 0.0 # -K point
0.0 0.0 0.0 # Gamma point
2/3 1/3 0.0 # K point
1/2 0.0 0.0 # M point
0.0 0.0 0.0 # Gamma point
-1/2 0.0 0.0 # -M point

I am attaching the bandstructure as obtained from the above path.
Apart from this kbounds I also tried various other combinations like -MKM to get the KM path but no success till now. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
nsingh3
Attachments
Bandstructure after unfolding
Bandstructure after unfolding
MoS2.in
Input file
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 545 times

nsingh3

Re: abipy fold2Bloch

Post by nsingh3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:15 am

Hello developers,

With some hit and try I was able to get the Brillouin zone path sorted out but I can unfold the bands when spin-orbit coupling is turned on. Is that feature not implemented in abipy?

Also my conduction bands are not clearly visible. Any idea how do I improve those? File attached of 2:2:1 supercell.
Attachments
s3.png

gswylq

Re: abipy fold2Bloch

Post by gswylq » Wed May 12, 2021 7:02 am

nsingh3 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:15 am
Hello developers,

With some hit and try I was able to get the Brillouin zone path sorted out but I can unfold the bands when spin-orbit coupling is turned on. Is that feature not implemented in abipy?

Also my conduction bands are not clearly visible. Any idea how do I improve those? File attached of 2:2:1 supercell.
Dear nsingh3,
I have a problem in deciding the k-path of MoS2 using fold2Bloch. Can you send me the successful cases of MoS2? Thank you very much. My Email is gswylq@gmail.com.