The GW_NLF dielectric complex tensor cannot be computed!

GW, Bethe-Salpeter …

Moderators: maryam.azizi, bruneval

hammouri

The GW_NLF dielectric complex tensor cannot be computed!

Post by hammouri » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:53 am

Hello all,
How can I resolve this issue:
Calculating GW NLF dielectric tensor

--- !COMMENT
The GW_NLF dielectric complex tensor cannot be computed
There must be 6 different q-points in long wavelength limit (see gw_nqlwl)
src_file: Subroutine Unknown
src_line: 0

hammouri

Re: The GW_NLF dielectric complex tensor cannot be computed!

Post by hammouri » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Why no one helping out?? what is the use of this forum if I post many questions and barely get answers????

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:25 am

Abinit is an open source software developed and maintained by many people in many countries for their activities. We generously share our work with the community.
If nobody answers your questions this might be because nobody reading the forum has the answer or maybe because you are being rude.

You may also want to think more than 1s before posting a question. Just saying "it does not work" won't help us to help you ! You should also demonstrate that you've searched a solution or that you've at least investigated the problem -- which is not the case btw.

If you are not satisfied with this forum you can try to find another one that fits your need.

Cheers

Jordan

hammouri

Post by hammouri » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Jordan go and check all of my questions and you will find I am not rude!!!!

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:58 am

Why no one helping out?? what is the use of this forum if I post many questions and barely get answers????

This is being rude to me or at least not very kind. We are not a paid technical support. Don't expect us to be one and to answer all the questions in this forum.
The implementation of a feature could have been done by a developer who is not reading this forum and thus nobody can provide help on his /her code.
There are more than 40 developers who first do research, then develop and if time allows it, help others on this forum.

As I said, when you ask a question, provide as many information as you can by providing the input file, the output file/log file PLUS all the tests/tries you did which did not solve the problem.
As abinit is an opensource code, you can still look up in the src files where your error/warning/comment message appears using the "grep" command and try to figure out what is going on.
We won't do your work as you won't do ours. The more you do, the faster you have an answer. And be patient.

Cheers.