Electron Linewidth (elphon)

Phonons, DFPT, electron-phonon, electric-field response, mechanical response…

Moderators: mverstra, joaocarloscabreu

davgumo

Electron Linewidth (elphon)

Post by davgumo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:35 pm

How can I get the electron linewidth in a similar fashion as *_LWD (phonon linewidth)??

Thanks for your help,
David

mverstra

Re: Electron Linewidth (elphon)

Post by mverstra » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 am

There is a different tool chain, through the EIG2D files and either abinit or a python post-processing script. Basically there are additional diagrams you have to take into account for the Allen Heine Cardona approach.

See https://www.abinit.org/sites/default/fi ... depes.html
Matthieu Verstraete
University of Liege, Belgium

davgumo

Post by davgumo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Dr. Verstraete,

Thanks for your reply. I am still not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing.
I am trying extract the electron lifetime due to phonon in an electron-phonon interaction calculation.
I see that the code spills out the phonon linewidths [γph =2πω SUM |g⃗qm |2δ(ε −ε )δ(ε −ε )] automatically in the file named *_LWD, but I would also like to extract the electron linewidths [γel = 2π SUM |g⃗qm |2×{[f +n ]δ(ε −ε +ω )δ(ε −ε +ω )+[1−f ⃗ ′ +n⃗qm]δ(ε⃗ −ε ⃗ ′ +ω⃗qm)}].

I went over the TDepES less but this seem to deal with the temperature dependent electronic structure and the broadening of eigenvalues due to temperature.

Thanks so much for your help,
David Guzman
Purdue University

mverstra

Post by mverstra » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Tdpes does the second option you propose (which contains Fermi and Bose factors with T).
Matthieu Verstraete
University of Liege, Belgium