[CORRECTED 6.6] BoltzTrap output - prtbltztrp variable

Total energy, geometry optimization, DFT+U, spin....

Moderator: bguster

nikolaij

[CORRECTED 6.6] BoltzTrap output - prtbltztrp variable

Post by nikolaij » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Dear all,

I am currently doing a nscf bandstructure calculation on a huge k-point-mesh. I am interested in the
alternative format output suitable for the BoltzTrap code. But if I set prtbltztrp 0 in the inputcard neither
the eigenvalues are printed in the BoltzTrap format nor the structure file is given as described in the
documentation. I am using vers. 6.4.2.
Where is my mistake?

thanks in advance,
bests
Nick

david.waroquiers

Re: BoltzTrap output - prtbltztrp variable

Post by david.waroquiers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello

If prtbltztrp is set to 0 nothing is printed out ... you have to set prtbltztrp to 1 in order to produce the required files.

David

nikolaij

Post by nikolaij » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks,

that seems convincing, but nevertheless nothing happens. More in detail, I am doing a scf calculation followed up
by a non-scf calculation determining the eigenvalues on an automatic generated of k-point-grid. Right in this
input dataset I set prtbltztrp 1. The eigenvalues are allright, but unfortunately not in the right format. The structural
data file is also missing. Is there another hint?

thanks for the fast first answer
Nick

nikolaij

Post by nikolaij » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:40 am

Hi again,

no idea? Someone ever tries the BoltztTrap output option. My 2nd dataset looks like this

Code: Select all

prtbltztrp 1           # boltztrap output                                                                                                                                           

iscf2    -2                                                                                                                                                                         
getden2  -1                                                                                                                                                                         
kptopt2 1          # Option for the automatic generation of k points,                                                                                                               
                   # taking into account the symmetry                                                                                                                               
nshiftk2 4                                                                                                                                                                           
shiftk2  0.5 0.5 0.5  # These shifts will be the same for all grids                                                                                                                 
         0.5 0.0 0.0                                                                                                                                                                 
         0.0 0.5 0.0                                                                                                                                                                 
         0.0 0.0 0.5                                                                                                                                                                 
ngkpt2   100 100 100                                                                                                                                                                 
nband2   16                                                                                                                                                                         
tolwfr2  1.0d-12

is this the right way to introduce the variable prtbltztrp?

Thanks
Nick

mverstra

Post by mverstra » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Yes, your input should be correct, but the variable reading was mysteriously deleted after 6.3.0.

Quick fix:
* use version 6.6 or
* edit src/57_iovars/invars2.F90 with:

token = 'prtbltztrp'
call intagm(dprarr,intarr,jdtset,marr,1,string(1:lenstr),token,tread,'INT')
if(tread==1) dtset%prtbltztrp=intarr(1)

around line 1806

note that the abinit output is compatible with the new Boltztrap 1.2 format.

Matthieu
Matthieu Verstraete
University of Liege, Belgium

nikolaij

Post by nikolaij » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks Matthieu,

the correction in the source code was all what was needed,

Nick

saikrishna

Re: [CORRECTED 6.6] BoltzTrap output - prtbltztrp variable

Post by saikrishna » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 am

Hello Matthieu,
I want to calculate the thermoelectric properties using boltztrap2. I have run the abinit file to give boltztrap input files. I don't know how to proceed further. Can you guide me regarding this? Or should I output GSR file?